Happy Birthday It’s a Man’s World: My Favorite PostsPosted: March 29, 2013
Today is a big day in the history of It’s A Man’s World…
Exactly one year ago today I posted my first post, which means that I have been blogging for an entire year. This is not particularly impressive, but what is impressive (at least to me) is that I posted at least one post per week for all 52 weeks that I have been blogging (and at some point along the way that became my goal). Considering that my biggest fear about starting a blog was that I wouldn’t be able to keep it going and end up feeling like a failure, this is a big accomplishment for me.
And here’s what this past year has taught me about blogging… it’s REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hard. Anybody that writes a blog and makes it look like blogging is easy is thinking about their blog pretty much all the time. Because that’s what it takes. But it’s worth it, because for a writer, having people enjoy things you write is one of the greatest feelings on earth. The feedback from you guys was my biggest motivator. So thanks. A lot.
In honor of It’s A Man’s World’s birthday, I picked out my top 6 favorite posts from the past year. Yes, 6 is a strange number, but I was shooting for 5 and the fact that I managed to get the list down to only 6 is an accomplishment because I have a lot of favorite posts. Here they are in no particular order:
- Why It’s Good To Have A Crush On Your Boss: because it was inspired by a handful of people that I really admire and who have had a big impact on my life. And it always makes me think of them.
- You Can’t Be A Feminist If You Won’t Do Pull-Ups: because it sums up perfectly the type of feminist I am. If you can call it that. And because it was so cool to run the Tough Mudder with some super cool chicks who I have tons of respect for.
- How To State Things Confidently: because I think it’s funny. And very… me.
- I Don’t Like Babies. Please Hire Me.: because the situation just fell together so perfectly. You can’t make this stuff up. And I wrote it while I was all fired up after getting stood up for my job interview, and that was really fun.
- What To Do When Your Coworkers Find Pictures Of You In Your Underwear On The Internet: because the situation was really emotional for me, and it’s fun to write about things that evoke a lot of emotion. And I’m proud of how I handled the situation.
- You Can’t Be Awesome Until You Know Who You Are: Because the message in the post, that you always need to be true to yourself, is one of my core values in life.